Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rewinding...

My husband and I agree that at the rate this economy and government is going, we need to learn to be more self sufficient.
We want to learn how to :
1. Raise farm animals such as goats, sheep, chickens, rabbits, etc.
2. Make food from scratch- I'm talkin' raise the animals, slaughter them, smoke/cook them, and eat them. Also growing our own wheat to make flower for baking, goat milk for cheese and drinking,and anything else to keep us from running to a store that may no longer be there.
3. Live off of the land- what to grow, how to grow, when to grow, etc. Super mega gardens!!
4. Sew- I like to sew, but I am not very good at it. I would love to get one of those power-free ,old timer foot pedal machines. I want to make my own yarn from the wool of the sheep for knitting....
(I have so many ideas)
5.Building- making things out of the trees. Limited nail use as possible.
 
 
 
Ultimately, we want to go back in time and rewind to when people did not rely on the Government and Walmart
 
 
On my blog, you will see updates on our journey to be more self sufficient. We also have posts about cloth diapering, homeschooling, and whatever else I decide.
 
Feel free to comment and share. I love positive and helpful feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment